Recently I found a cool ice-cream book in my drawer, that also bought long time ago. Okay maybe it’s time to try the machine. To leave myself a super nice impression of the machine (if I fail the first time, it may have another 7 years unused), so I made one of my favourite flavor, black sesame ice-cream.
Black sesame ice-cream
Cool the jug for at least 24 hours in a freezer at a temperature of -18℃. (It really depends on the machine, so read the instruction before)
2 egg yolks
Black sesame paste 50g
1. Beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale and creamy.
2. Bring the milk and cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour half the hot cream mixture to the egg mixture, beat constantly. Return to the pan with the remaining cream mixture in low heat. Stir constantly until it coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat.
3. Add the sesame paste and stir well. Allow to cool at room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
4. Transfer to an ice-cream machine, pour the chocolate chips while the machine is churning. Let it churn for about 20 minutes.
5. Cover and transfer the mixture to the freezer and let it firm up for about 3 hours.