I am not a Monday person…i really need some deli food to cheer up the day. I know carbonara is made of cream and cheese…but let’s have some exceptions today! (there’s are always excuses for fatty food! XD)
Carbonara (cooked eggs version)
Bacon 100g, chopped
Parmesan cheese 100g
2 plump garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Put a large saucepan of water to boil. Add some salt to the boiling water, add the spaghetti and cook for around 10 minutes (or until al dente).
2. Squash the garlic with the blade of a knife. Drop the garlic and bacon into a frying pan, stirring often until the bacon is golden and crisp. The garlic did its job to imparted flavour, take it out and discard.
3. When the spaghetti is ready, lift it from the water and put it directly in the pan with the bacon, mix well. Take it off the heat.
4. Mix most of the cheese, cream with beaten eggs, pour it into a saucepan in very low heat. Add the spaghetti and mix well with the eggs mixture until everything is coated. You have to act really fast in order to prevent overcooking the eggs.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
EAT IT NOW! XD