Sugar (A) 50g
Sugar (B) 20g
3 egg yolks
Sea salt to taste
1. Heat sugar (A) with 50ml water in a saucepan, stir well until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat to the rolling boil and cook without stirring until the sugar caramelized. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in cream, mix well. Then stir in milk.
3. Beat the egg yolks and sugar(B) until pale and creamy.
4. Bring cream mixture to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour half the hot cream mixture to the egg mixture, beat constantly. Return to the pan with the remaining cream mixture in low heat. Stir constantly until it coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat. Allow to cool at room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
5. Transfer to an ice-cream machine, let it churn for about 20 minutes.
6. Cover and transfer the mixture to the freezer and let it firm up for about 3 hours.