I am a huge fan of matcha. One time when I was waiting to depart in the airport, I found a matcha cook book from Marukru-Koyamaen, all the recipes are super tempting! I tried this matcha cookies first as it seems the easiest XD
(recipe modified from 京都・丸久小山園に教わる老舗の抹茶おやつ : 抹茶が濃い、茶舗の究極レシピ)
50g unsalted butter, softened
30g icing sugar
10g egg (app. weight of a medium egg is 50g)
3-5g matcha powder, depends on how strong the matcha powder, I am using 4g of Osulloc sejak powder from Korea
65g plain flour
25g almond powder
little salt to taste
Preheat oven to 170℃.
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter and icing sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat until smooth.
2. Sift in plain flour and matcha powder, add almond powder and salt. Beat until smooth.
3. Roll the dough into a 4cm diameter log. Wrap in cling film. Chill it in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
4. Unwrap the log and cut into slice about 1cm thick. Arrange the slices on baking paper around 1 inch apart. Bake 13-15 minutes until golden.
5. Transfer the cookies to wire racks and let cool completely.