(from <<The patisserie of Tony Wong>>)
250g unsalted butter
160g icing sugar, shifted
20g egg yolk
2g vanilla essence
3 hard boiled egg yolk, grated
350g plain flour, shifted
granulated sugar to taste
Preheat oven to 180℃.
1. Beat butter with icing sugar and salt until creamy. Add egg yolk, vanilla essence and grated egg yolk. Whisk until light and fluffy.
2. Sift in plain flour and beat to form dough. Wrap in cling film. Chill it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Unwrap and roll the dough into 4-6mm thick. Stamp out the cookies with cookie cutter. Arrange the slices on baking paper.
4. You can also add a little bit granulated sugar on top to taste. Bake 10-13 minutes until golden.
5. Transfer the cookies to wire racks and let cool completely.